|On the stove|
- Heat oil in a pot set over medium-high heat.
- Brown meat on all sides.
- Add broth.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for about 1 hour, depending on the size of the cut or until meat falls apart easily.
- Add broth as needed while cooking.
- Remove meat and shred with a fork.
|In The Oven|
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 165 oC (325 oF).
- Heat some oil in an oven-safe pot set over medium-high heat.
- Sear the boneless butt on all sides.
- Cover meat with broth.
- Cover and bake for 3–4 hours, depending on the size of the boneless butt, or until meat falls apart easily.
- You don’t need to rest the meat before serving.
|On the BBQ|
- Preheat BBQ to low.
- Cook meat over indirect heat for about 4 hours.
- Heat some oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat.
- Sear the meat about 5 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to the slow cooker and cover ingredients with broth.
- Cover and cook for 7–8 hours on low, or 5–6 hours on high.
- Preheat the interior of the pressure cooker using the sauté setting.
- In the pressure cooker, heat oil and brown boneless butt on all sides.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Close and program the pressure cooker to the meat setting, then set cooking time to 30 minutes.
- Let the pressure cooker depressurize naturally and remove lid.