|On the stove
- Heat some oil in a skillet set over high heat.
- Sear pork tenderloin for 3 minutes on each side.
- Cover and continue cooking over low heat until meat is browned on the outside and pink on the inside or until the internal temperature reaches 63°C (145 °F) for medium rare.
- Place meat on a rack and cover with foil. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. This waiting time lets the meat rest, allowing juices to distribute evenly.
|In The Oven
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 200 oC (400 oF).
- Heat some oil in an oven-safe skillet set over medium-high heat.
- Brown tenderloin for 3 minutes on each side.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes (per half-kilo or pound) or until the internal temperature reaches 63 °C (145 °F) for medium rare.
- Remove tenderloin from oven and cover with foil. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. This waiting time lets the meat rest, allowing juices to distribute evenly.
|On the BBQ
- Preheat BBQ to high.
- Sear each side directly over heat source until nicely browned.
- Continue cooking over indirect heat for 10–14 minutes.
- Remove meat from grill and cover with foil. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving. This resting period allows the meat to settle and the juices to be distributed throughout.
- Heat some oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Brown the meat on all sides.
- Place the tenderloin in the slow cooker and cover ingredients with broth.
- Cover and cook for about 2 hours on low.
- Preheat the interior of the pressure cooker using the sauté setting.
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker and sear pork tenderloin for 3–4 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Close and program the pressure cooker to the meat setting, then set cooking time to 20 minutes.
- Let the pressure cooker depressurize naturally and remove lid.
- Place tenderloin in a sous vide cooking bag and season to taste. Remove air from bag.
- Set the thermocirculator at 63 oC (145 oF) for medium-rare.
- Once the water has reached the desired temperature, immerse the bag in the water and leave to cook for about 1 hour.
- Remove bag when cooking is complete.