This recipe is very easy
Greek-style pork tenderloin and quinoa bowl
In The Oven
- Mix marinade ingredients in a large bowl and coat tenderloins. Cover and marinate for up to 12 hours in the refrigerator. Remove bowl from the refrigerator and remove excess marinade.
- In a skillet set over medium-high, heat 15 mL (1 tbsp.) of oil and brown tenderloins for 2 minutes on each side.
- Preheat oven to 190 °C (375 °F). Place tenderloins on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the centre of the meat reads 60 °C (140 °F) for medium rare. Set aside on a plate and let stand for 10 minutes. Cut into 1-cm (½-in.) thick slices. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat and toast quinoa for 1–2 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon. Add water and bring to a boil. Season with salt to taste. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- Divide quinoa into 4 bowls. Top with salad and sliced pork. Serve with lemon wedges and black olives if desired. Can be eaten warm or cold
On the BBQ
- Preheat barbecue to medium.
- Grill tenderloins on all sides for 12–15 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the centre of the meat reads 60 °C (140 °F) for medium rare.
Nutritional value (per portion)
- 789 calories
- 49 g proteins
- 45 g fat
- 48 g carbohydrates
- 6 g fibre
- 6 g sugar
- 436 mg sodium