This recipe is intermediate
Pork Spring Rolls
Spicy mayonnaise ingredients
Hoisin mayonnaise ingredients
Dipping sauce ingredients
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 190 ºC (375 ºF).
- Sprinkle pork tenderloin with five spice.
- In a large oven-safe skillet set over medium-high heat, heat canola oil and sesame oil, and brown pork tenderloin on all sides. Add garlic cloves. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the centre of a tenderloin reads 60°C (140°F) for pink doneness. Transfer to a plate and cover with aluminum foil. Let stand for 10 minutes (**See note). Thinly slice meat and set aside. Pork tenderloin can be prepared the day before and sliced cold.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside at room temperature.
- In a large bowl filled with hot water, soak one rice sheet at a time for a few seconds or until it softens. Remove from water. Drain on a dry cloth and place on a work surface.
- On each sheet, place one-eighth of the veggies and pork slices at the bottom (first third of the sheet). Top with a drizzle of mayonnaise.
- Add a few arugula sprouts. Fold both sides of the sheet toward the centre and tightly roll to secure filling.
- When ready to serve, cut rolls in half and serve with dipping sauce.
Nutritional value (per serving, with dip)
- 441 calories
- 23 g proteins
- 25 g fat
- 33 g carbohydrates
- 3 g fibre
- 9 g sugar
- 2414 mg sodium