This recipe is very easy
Crispy Pork Butt
On the stove
- Using a knife, score the outside of the meat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the meat in the basket of a steamer pot and steam for 1 hour.
- On your work surface, cut the meat into ¼-inch slices.
- Place slices in a dish, coat with marinade (vinegar, sugar and beet juice) and let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Remove meat slices and pat dry with a cloth or paper towel. Season with salt and pepper, then coat each slice in flour.
- Preheat deep fryer to 190 °C (375 °F).
- Dip meat slices in fryer oil and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until crispy.
- Top tortillas with sliced pork, crispy vegetables, sour cream and salsa or top sandwich bread with sliced pork, served with pickled onions, herb mayonnaise and lettuce. You may also cut the meat into cubes and serve in a bowl over rice or noodles and top with General Tao sauce.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 242 calories
- 22 g proteins
- 8 g fat
- 18 g carbohydrates
- 1 g fibre
- 2 g sugar
- 111 mg sodium