This recipe is very easy
Pulled pork ingredients
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 150 °C (300 °F).
- In a baking dish set over high heat, heat oil and brown roast on all sides. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same baking dish set over medium heat, soften onion and garlic. Add spices and continue cooking for 1 minute. Add beer and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Return meat to baking dish and coat with onion mixture.
- Cover and bake for 3 hours or until meat pulls away easily. Remove meat from dish and place on a large plate. Let cool. Remove fat as needed and pull meat apart with a fork. Strain cooking juice and add onion mixture to meat. If desired, set cooking juice aside for when you’re ready to serve or add to meat if using to make tacos. Add chipotle powder to taste for a spicier version.
- Spread pulled pork on half the tortillas and add toppings to taste. Close with remaining tortillas.
- In one or two large, lightly oiled skillets set over medium-low heat, brown quesadillas one at a time, on each side, until cheese is melted and tortillas are golden. Keep warm if necessary. Cut into slices and serve with sour cream, salsa and hot sauce.
- To prepare this recipe in a slow cooker, follow the first steps and then transfer to the slow cooker instead of baking. Program to cook on low for 8 hours.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 575 calories
- 37 g proteins
- 22 g fat
- 59 g carbohydrates
- 4 g fibre
- 1 g sugar
- 601 mg sodium