This recipe is intermediate
Boneless Pork Butt Tacos with Bacon Salsa and Jalapeno Dip
Bacon salsa ingredients
Jalapeño dip ingredients
On the stove
- In a resealable bag, combine chili powder, cumin and coriander.
- Add meat and 2 tbsp. olive oil.
- Remove excess air from bag and knead to fully coat meat.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 4–6 hours.
- The meat can also be prepared the day before.
- Allow meat to sit at room temperature for 5–10 minutes before cooking. Season with salt.
- Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat.
- Cook boneless pork butt for 2–3 minutes on each side or until desired doneness is reached.
- Remove meat from skillet, cover with foil and let stand. Thinly slice meat just before serving.
- Warm tortillas.
- Serve with bacon salsa and jalapeño dip.
Bacon salsa preparation
- Cook bacon with ½ tsp. smoked paprika until crispy.
- Crumble into small pieces.
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients and refrigerate to allow flavours to combine.
Jalapeño dip preparation
- Put all ingredients in a food processor.
- Pulse until smooth.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 561 calories
- 31 g proteins
- 41 g fat
- 19 g carbohydrates
- 5 g fibre
- 3 g sugar
- 516 mg sodium