This recipe is intermediate
Blood Sausage and Peach Pies au Gratin
Spiced syrup ingredients
In The Oven
Spiced syrup preparation
- In a skillet, toast spices over low heat until fragrant.
- Add water, vanilla seeds, sugar and salt, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Add peach halves, cut side down.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour. Flip halfway through cooking. Remove peaches and set aside.
- Use a strainer to recover peach syrup and refrigerate.
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 210 °C (410 °F).
- Use a rolling pin to roll out puff pastry. Cut pastry into 2 rectangles and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Brush pastry with egg yolk and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 8 minutes and remove from oven before fully cooked.
- Using a paring knife, cut and remove a small rectangle of puff pastry from the top crust of the pie.
- In a bowl, mix blood sausage meat with 30 mL (2 tbsp.) of peach syrup.
- Generously brush inside of each pastry rectangle with blood sausage mixture and place 2 peach halves on pastry, cut side down.
- Divide cheese between pies and continue baking for 5 minutes.
Nutritional value per serving
- 407 calories
- 10g proteins
- 41g carbohydrates
- 23g fat
- 1 g de fibres
- 33 g de sucres
- 421 mg de sodium