This recipe is very easy
Bacon pecan pie
In The Oven
- In a food processor, combine flour and icing sugar. Add butter and pulse for a few seconds at a time until butter is pea-sized. Add bacon and water and mix again until dough comes together to form a ball. Add water as needed. Remove dough from food processor and shape into a disc with your hands.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out dough and line a fluted tart pan with removable bottom (23-cm/9-in. diameter x 2.5 cm/1 in. deep). Using a fork, prick bottom of crust. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Place oven rack in the lowest position and preheat oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar. Add remaining ingredients and mix well to combine. Fill crust.
- Place tart pan on a baking sheet and bake for 30–35 minutes or until filling is firm. Cool completely before serving. Garnish with crispy bacon slices.
Nutritional value (per portion)
- 538 calories
- 8 g proteins
- 29 g fat
- 64 g carbohydrates
- 2 g fibre
- 46 g sugar
- 126 mg sodium