This recipe is easy
Chestnut Cream Cake & Chocolate Bacon Ganache
In The Oven
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Butter a 20 cm (8 in.) round cake tin.
- Prepare the cake. Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer or whisk, beat the chestnut spread, butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add the eggs and dry ingredients.
- Pour into the tin and bake for 35–40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool and turn out onto a rack. Allow to cool.
- Prepare the bacon and ganache. Cook the bacon in a large pan over high heat until crispy; remove as much fat as possible. Add the maple syrup and pecans. Continue cooking for approximately 2 minutes. Transfer the mixture onto parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the chocolate into a bowl.
- Bring the cream to a boil and pour over the chocolate. Let melt for 1 minute. Stir until smooth and uniform. Let stand for 15 minutes or until the ganache is spreadable. Spread over the cooled cake and garnish with the bacon, pecan and maple syrup mixture.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 634 calories
- 9 g proteins
- 39 g fat
- 60 g carbohydrates
- 2 g fibre
- 40 g sugar
- 492 mg sodium