This recipe is easy
Chocolate and Bacon Truffles
On the stove
- Place chocolate in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a pot, bring cream to a boil. Pour over chocolate and let melt for one minute. Stir until smooth and well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Pour the chocolate mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a tip. Shape into small balls, placing each on the baking sheet one by one. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 to 2 hours or until balls harden.
- Meanwhile, lay bacon slices in a cold, ungreased skillet. Cook over high heat for about 3 minutes on each side or until bacon is brown and crispy. Blot on absorbent paper towel to remove excess fat. Mince bacon and place on a plate.
- Warm truffles with your palms and roll them in the bacon. Refrigerate on a baking sheet. Remove truffles from refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.
Nutritional value (per truffle)
- 42 calories
- 1 g proteins
- 3 g fat
- 2 g carbohydrates
- 0 g fibre
- 1 g sugar
- 28 mg sodium