This recipe is very easy
Sesame Pork Chops
Asian-style slaw ingredients
On the stove
- In a bowl, combine honey, 30 mL (2 tbsp.) vegetable oil, sesame oil, mustard and lemon zest.
- Brush chops on each side with honey mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread sesame seeds on a large plate. Coat chops with sesame seed on each side, pressing them in with your hands.
- In a large non-stick skillet set over medium heat, heat oil and brown pork chops for 3–4 minutes on each side or until medium rare. Be careful not to burn the sesame seeds. Reduce heat if necessary. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix vegetable oil, rice vinegar, honey, ginger, sesame oil and sambal oelek. Set aside one third of the dressing for the chops.
- In a large bowl, toss cabbage, carrot and green onions with remaining dressing. Season to taste.
- Slice chops and serve over slaw. Drizzle remaining dressing over meat.
- The salad can be prepared up to 30 minutes in advance.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 623 calories
- 29 g proteins
- 48 g fat
- 35 g carbohydrates
- 3 g fibre
- 27 g sugar
- 362 mg sodium