This recipe is intermediate
Mexican Marinade For Mechoui Pork
On the stove
- Chop onion, garlic and ginger.
- Mix marinade ingredients the day before you plan to use it to give chilies enough time to rehydrate.
- Mix marinade in the blender until smooth.
- Pierce meat in the thickest parts (with a tenderizer or fork), coat with marinade and refrigerate for 48 hours.
- Thread pork onto skewers to cook.
- Pour any remaining marinade into a saucepan set over medium heat and cook for about 10 minutes to reduce slightly for use as a sauce or to glaze meat.
- Regularly brush meat with marinade during the last hours of cooking.
Nutritional value (per serving of 45 ml)
- 61 calories
- 1 g proteins
- 1 g fat
- 10 g carbohydrates
- 1 g fibre
- 8 g sugar
- 247 mg sodium