This recipe is very easy
Apple Caramel & Rosemary Pork Loin Roast
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in middle position. Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- Combine apple butter and rosemary in a bowl. Generously season with pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil and lightly brown roast on all sides. Season with salt. Transfer roast to roasting pan and coat with apple butter mixture. Prick roast with a knife and insert a meat thermometer in the centre.
- Arrange sliced onion all around and pour in broth, apple syrup, and tamari.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 60°C (140°F). Remove from oven, cover with foil, and let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Serve with caramelized onions.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 441 calories
- 40 g proteins
- 16 g fat
- 32 g carbohydrates
- 1 g fibre
- 26 g sugar
- 1286 mg sodium