This recipe is very easy
Warm pork loin and yellow beet salad
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in the middle position and preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Place beets on a sheet of aluminum foil. Drizzle with 30 mL (2 tbsp.) of oil. Add garlic cloves and thyme sprigs. Season with salt and pepper. Close foil to seal, then bake for 30 minutes. Allow beets to cool before peeling. Cut into wedges or cubes.
- Meanwhile, in a large oven-safe skillet set over medium-high, heat remaining oil with butter, then brown pork on all sides. Generously season with salt and pepper.
- In the same skillet, add peeled beets and bake for 30 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in centre of roast reads 60 °C (140 °F). Remove meat from skillet and set aside on a plate to cool before cutting into thin slices.
- In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients.
- In a salad bowl, arrange mesclun, beets and pork slices. Garnish with cheese shavings and pistachios. Drizzle with dressing and season with salt and pepper.
- Beets and pork can be roasted the night before and salad can be assembled just before serving.
Nutritional value (per portion)
- 505 calories
- 29 g proteins
- 38 g fat
- 13 g carbohydrates
- 2 g fibre
- 7 g sugar
- 409 mg sodium