This recipe is intermediate
Rack of Pork with Blackcurrant & Foie Gras
In The Oven
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- In a large skillet over high heat, brown racks on all sides in a drizzle of oil. Set aside.
- Combine 45 mL (3 tbsp.) blackcurrant liqueur, pecans, foie gras, bread crumbs, and 60 mL (4 tbsp.) of parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Using a chef’s knife, cut along the ribs down to the centre of the meat. Insert stuffing into the middle of the rack. Tie meat between each rib.
- Combine butter with 30 mL (2 tbsp.) blackcurrant liqueur and remaining parsley. Coat rack with mixture, place in a roasting pan, and put in the oven.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 55°C (131°F), basting often. Let rack stand, loosely covered with foil, for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
- In a saucepan, bring cooking broth to a boil with remaining blackcurrant liqueur and reduce by one third. Combine butter and flour to obtain a beurre manié and whisk until thickened over low heat. Slice racks between ribs and serve with gravy.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 630 calories
- 31 g proteins
- 34 g fat
- 27 g carbohydrates
- 2 g fibre
- 20 g sugar
- 491 mg sodium