This recipe is very easy
In The Oven
- In a large bowl, pour the milk over the breadcrumbs and soak for about 5 minutes.
- Add pork, egg, onion, garlic and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper and mix with your hands.
- Place oven rack in the middle position and preheat oven to 230 °C (450 °F).
- Using your hands, shape into meatballs using approximately 15 mL (1 tbsp.) of the meat mixture for each. Arrange meatballs on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush meatballs with oil and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through and lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet set over medium heat. Add flour and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring until golden brown.
- Whisk in broth, cream and mustard and bring to a boil, stirring continuously. Reduce for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add meatballs to the sauce and stir to coat. Season to taste. Sprinkle with herbs, if desired.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and a green salad.
Nutritional value (per portion)
- 566 calories
- 33 g proteins
- 38 g fat
- 23 g carbohydrates
- 2 g fibre
- 5 g sugar
- 680 mg sodium