This recipe is very easy
Rack of Pork with Maple, Orange and Ginger Sauce
Maple orange ginger BBQ sauce
Warm Brussels sprouts and pancetta salad
In The Oven
- Heat oil and butter in a small saucepan set over medium-low heat. Sauté onion until soft and slightly caramelized, about 7 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute. Deglaze with maple alcohol and let reduce until almost all the liquid has evaporated. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil and reduce by half, about 5 minutes. Using a hand blender, purée until smooth. Reserve 125 mL (½ cup) sauce to coat the meat and set aside the rest for serving.
Rack of pork preparation
- Place oven rack in middle position. Preheat oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- Place rack of pork in a large baking dish. Generously season with salt and pepper. Brush with maple sauce.
- Bake for about 60 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the centre of the roast reads 60 °C (140 °F) for medium rare. Brush rack of pork with sauce several times toward the end of the cooking time. If necessary, cover ribs with foil to prevent them from over-caramelizing in some places. Transfer to a cutting board and cover with foil. Let stand for 15 minutes.
Brussels sprouts and pancetta salad preparation
- Place Brussels sprouts in a large pot of boiling salted water and cook for about 2 minutes. Drain and immerse in ice water to cool them off quickly. Drain again. Set aside.
- In a large skillet set over medium heat, lightly brown pancetta in 15 mL (1 tbsp.) oil. Add shallots and fry until soft. Season with salt and pepper. Deglaze with wine vinegar and add remaining oil. Add Brussels sprouts and stir to combine. Season to taste.
- Carve the rack. Serve with warm salad and remaining sauce.
Valeur nutritive (par portion)
- 933 calories
- 71 g de protéines
- 36 g de lipides
- 75 g de glucides
- 5 g de fibres
- 57 g de sucres
- 727 mg de sodium