This recipe is easy
On the stove
- Place head pieces in a large pot, add remaining ingredients and submerge in cold water. Season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Cover and let simmer over low heat for 2 hours or until meat easily comes off the bone. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove meat chunks and vegetables from the broth. Strain broth through a sieve. Keep warm in the pot.
- On your work surface, break up the meat with a fork and coarsely chop it. Coarsely chop the vegetables.
- Add meat and vegetables to the hot broth and let simmer for 10 minutes. Add parsley.
- Pour the resulting mixture (meat, vegetables and liquid) into a terrine mould. Refrigerate for at least 5 hours or until the mixture sets.
- Serve with a baguette, mustard and pickles.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 286 calories
- 33 g proteins
- 10 g fat
- 15 g carbohydrates
- 4 g fibre
- 7 g sugar
- 224 mg sodium