This recipe is very easy
Ground Pork Nachos
Cheese sauce ingredients
Your choice of toppings
Cheese sauce preparation
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter, then add flour and chili powder. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add milk and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Add hot sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
In The Oven
- In a large skillet set over medium-high heat, melt butter and sauté ground pork, sausage meat and white part of onions until meat is cooked through and lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add garlic, tomato paste and spices. Continue cooking for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add lime juice and season to taste. Set aside.
- Spread corn chips on a large parchment-lined baking sheet. Top evenly with meat mixture, shredded cheese and beans. Broil for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven. Add cheese sauce and any additional toppings.
Nutritional value (per serving, with topping)
- 912 calories
- 43 g of protein
- 61 g of fat
- 52 g of carbohydrates
- 5 g of fibre
- 9 g of sugar
- 1258 mg of sodium