This recipe is very easy
Fresh Pork Roast for Brunch
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- In a small bowl, combine 30 mL (2 tbsp.) of oil with garlic, thyme and rosemary. Set aside.
- In a large oven-safe skillet set over medium-high heat, heat 15 mL (1 tbsp.) of oil and brown pork on all sides. Generously season with salt and pepper.
- Remove skillet from heat. Brush entire roast with garlic-oil mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 180 °C (350 °F). Continue cooking X minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the centre of the roast reads 60 °C (140 °F).
- Remove meat from skillet and set aside on a plate. Cool, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- For brunch, serve in thin slices along with fresh, toasted bread and Dijonnaise. This roast makes an excellent Cuban sandwich.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 264 calories
- 31 g proteins
- 14 g fat
- 1 g carbohydrates
- 0 g fibre
- 0 g sugar
- 99 mg sodium