This recipe is intermediate
Za’atar Pork Ear Chips and Hummus
Pork ear chips ingredients
On the stove
- Purée chickpeas, sesame paste, garlic, lemon juice and olive oil in a food processor. Season to taste and set aside.
Pork ear chips preparation
- In a pot, bring water, salt, baking soda, thyme, oregano and bay leaves to a boil. Add pork ears and simmer for 3 hours. Use a spoon to skim off foam periodically. Remove pork ears and carefully pat dry with paper towel.
- Preheat deep fryer to 190 °C (375 °F).
- Fry pork ears for a few minutes until crispy. Watch out for oil splatter. Try to use a fryer with a lid.
- Remove chips using a skimmer, and place on paper towel. Sprinkle with salt and za’atar. Using a chef’s knife, cut ears lengthwise into 3 pieces.
- Serve fried pork ear chips with hummus.
- Accompagner les oreilles frites de l'hummus.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 218 calories
- 10 g proteins
- 16 g fat
- 10 g carbohydrates
- 2 g fibre
- 2 g sugar
- 1760 mg sodium