This recipe is intermediate
Pork Osso Buco with Aged Gouda Corn Purée & Popcorn
Ingredients for the aged gouda corn purée
On the stove
- In a heated skillet, brown meat and bacon in canola oil.
- Add onion and lightly brown.
- Add remaining vegetables, herbs, zest and juice of the lemon and orange, and capers and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Deglaze with white wine and reduce to dry.
- Stir in broth and stock and cook covered for 5 hours over low heat.
- Season to taste. Place a slice of osso buco on each plate, drizzle with cooking juices and arrange corn purée in a decorative line. Top with a few pieces of popcorn.
Aged gouda corn purée preparation
- In a heated skillet, sweat shallot and garlic in canola oil. Add corn kernels and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add white wine and reduce by half.
- Add broth and saffron and cook for 20 minutes.
- Once broth is reduced, turn off heat and purée using a hand blender.
- Stir in cream, butter and gouda.
- Season to taste.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 1282 calories
- 71 g proteins
- 68 g fat
- 71 g carbohydrates
- 13 g fibre
- 36 g sugar
- 2160 mg sodium