This recipe is very easy
Garlic and Maple-Braised Pork Shoulder
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in middle position. Preheat oven to 165 °C (325 °F).
- In a cocotte or large pot set over medium-high heat, brown meat in oil on both sides. Transfer to a plate.
- In the cocotte with the cooking fat, lightly brown onion and garlic. Deglaze with maple liqueur and vinegar. Reduce by half. Add remaining ingredients, except the potatoes and herbs. Add the reserved meat. Bring to a boil, cover and cook for about 2 hours 45 minutes, turning meat halfway through cooking. Remove lid and continue cooking for 45 minutes, or until meat pulls apart easily with a fork. Baste meat a few times during cooking. Using a small ladle, skim fat off the surface of the sauce.
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes in a pot of salted boiling water for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to the pot. Add herbs and gently coat. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with the meat and green beans on the side, if desired.
- Shred meat and serve with pasta, tacos or to add to grilled cheese sandwiches.
Nutritional value (per portion)
- 473 calories
- 42 g proteins
- 20 g fat
- 24 g carbohydrates
- 2 g fibre
- 7 g sugar
- 581 mg sodium