This recipe is easy
Pork and Spinach Quiche
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in the lowest position and preheat the oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- Divide dough into 6 pieces.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out dough and line 6 casserole dishes measuring about 10–13 cm (4–5 in.) in diameter or 1 cast-iron skillet measuring 30 cm (12 in.) in diameter. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet set over medium-high heat, melt butter and cook spinach until wilted, about 1 minute. Transfer to a strainer and press down with the back of a spoon to drain excess liquid. Set aside.
- In the same skillet set over medium-high, heat oil and soften onion for about 3 minutes. Add ground pork and brown, using a wooden spoon to break up meat. Add white wine, paprika and nutmeg. Cook for about 5 minutes or until all the liquid has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a bowl, lightly beat eggs with cream. Add cheese and spinach. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill the bottom of shortcrust pastry shells with ground pork. Top meat with spinach mixture and bake at 190 °C (375 °F) for about 35 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes and serve whole or cut into slices.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 997 calories
- 38 g proteins
- 76 g fat
- 39 g carbohydrates
- 3 g fibre
- 2 g sugar
- 747 mg sodium