This recipe is easy
Grilled Tandoori Pork Kidney Skewers
Tandoori marinade ingredients
On the BBQ
- In a bowl of water, let skewers soak for at least 1 hour.
- Using a grinder or mortar, grind cumin, coriander and cardamom seeds to a powder. In a bowl, whisk all ground spices and oil together and set aside.
- Using a paring knife, cut the kidneys in half lengthwise. Remove fat in the centre and cut each half into 8 chunks.
- In a pot, bring water and vinegar to a boil. Blanch kidneys for a few minutes. Using a skimmer, remove, rinse under warm water and drain.
- In a bowl, pour marinade over kidneys and marinate for 1 hour in the fridge.
- Preheat barbecue to high.
- Thread kidney chunks on the skewers and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill skewers, 1 minute on each side, and then transfer to indirect cooking. Continue cooking with the lid closed for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot mini-skewers with lime quarters.
- The tandoori marinade can be replaced with 60 mL (4 tbsp.) of store-bought tandoori paste.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 234 calories
- 12 g proteins
- 18 g fat
- 8 g carbohydrates
- 3 g fibre
- 1 g sugar
- 64 mg sodium