This recipe is very easy
Pork Gratin Dauphinois
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in middle position. Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- In a large saucepan, combine potatoes and garlic, then add milk to cover. Season with salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are cooked but still firm. Drain in a large colander and set aside.
- Meanwhile, working in two batches, heat butter and oil in a large non-stick skillet set over high heat and brown cutlets for about 1 minute on each side. Season with salt and pepper. They will still be very pink. Set aside on a plate.
- Butter a 33 x 23 cm (13 x 9 in.) baking dish and cover the bottom with half the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper and a bit of nutmeg. Arrange cutlets in the dish and cover with remaining potatoes.
- Pour cream over potatoes, adding knobs of butter here and there. Season with salt and pepper and a bit of nutmeg.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until gratin is golden brown. Finish on broil as needed.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Serve with green salad.
Nutritional value (per portion)
- 610 calories
- 24 g proteins
- 29 g fat
- 65 g carbohydrates
- 5 g fibre
- 10 g sugar
- 252 mg sodium