This recipe is very easy
Baby Back Ribs with BBQ Sauce
BBQ sauce ingredients
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in the middle position and preheat oven to 165 °C (325 °F).
- Place ribs on 2 large sheets of aluminum foil. Oil ribs and rub them with BBQ Québec Kansas Spices. Close foil to seal and place on a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine all the ingredients for the sauce with a whisk. Bring to a boil over medium heat and simmer for 1 minute. Set aside.
- Preheat barbecue to medium or turn on oven broiler.
- Unwrap ribs and divide into 5-rib servings, or as you prefer. Return ribs to baking sheet and brush each side with BBQ sauce. Grill ribs on the barbecue for 5 to 6 minutes per side, or on a baking sheet in the oven, brushing regularly with sauce.
- Serve with coleslaw and the rest of sauce, to garnish.
- Cut the ribs in sections of 5 bones.
- Rub the ribs with spices and add to the slow cooker vertically.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours.
- Remove fascia (membrane) from rack of ribs (or ask your butcher to do this).
- Cut rack into sections (3 ribs each).
- Coat ribs with spices and place upright in pressure cooker.
- Add 125 ml (½ cup) chicken stock or water.
- Close pressure cooker lid. On the control panel select Meat and set cooking time to 25 minutes.
- Allow pressure cooker to depressurize naturally before removing lid.
- Brush cooked ribs with BBQ sauce, place on a barbecue or oven rack, and grill about 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve rest of sauce as a garnish. Serve with coleslaw or baked potatoes.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 850 calories
- 53 g proteins
- 55 g fat
- 34 g carbohydrates
- 1 g fibre
- 30 g sugar
- 1680 mg sodium