This recipe is intermediate
Lac Saint-Jean Tourtière
In The Oven
- Combine meat cubes, bacon and onions in a bowl. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 12 hours.
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- Line a thick-bottomed casserole dish or oven-safe baking dish with one sheet of shortcrust pastry.
- Add potato cubes, salt and pepper to meat mixture and stir to combine. Add meat and potato mixture to casserole or baking dish. Top with second shortcrust pastry sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then lower temperature to 120 °C (250 °F) and continue baking for 1 hour 30 minutes.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 538 calories
- 33 g proteins
- 27 g fat
- 42 g carbohydrates
- 3 g fibre
- 3 g sugar
- 382 mg sodium