This recipe is intermediate
Artichoke & Bacon-Stuffed Pork Cutlets
On the stove
- Heat the bacon in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Once the bacon has released some of its fat, add the garlic and spinach and cook until the spinach is completely wilted. Season with salt and pepper and let cool.
- Add the artichokes to the spinach mixture. Set aside.
- Place the pork cutlets on a clean surface, spread the artichoke mixture evenly over the cutlets and place 1–2 cubes of mozzarella in the centre of each.
- Fold the sides of the cutlets inward, roll and fix in place with two toothpicks.
- Lightly flour the rolls. Remove the excess flour.
- Heat 3 tbsp. of olive oil in a large pan and brown the rolls, making sure they are golden on both sides. Deglaze the pan with the white wine and reduce by scraping its bottom.
- Add the thyme sprigs and broth, then continue cooking until the liquid thickens slightly, 5–7 minutes.
- Remove the rolls and cut into halves. Each piece should hold together with a toothpick. Serve as canapés.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 459 calories
- 54 g proteins
- 21 g fat
- 7 g carbohydrates
- 2 g fibre
- 1 g sugar
- 600 mg sodium