This recipe is intermediate
Cilantro Pork Meatballs with Honey & Curry Sauce
Curry honey sauce ingredients
In The Oven
- In a large bowl, combine pork, bread, egg, green onions, garlic, cilantro, lemon juice and ginger. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat to broil.
- Using your hands, shape into meatballs using approximately 15 mL (1 tbsp.) of the meat mixture for each. Arrange on a foil-lined baking sheet. Oil meatballs and bake for about 8 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- In the meantime, combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Serve as a starter or over herb, golden raisin and cranberry couscous. Serve with remaining sauce.
On the BBQ
- You can also grill meatballs on the barbecue over medium heat. Thread meatballs onto skewers for easy grilling or use a vegetable grill basket.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 406 calories
- 31 g proteins
- 18 g fat
- 33 g carbohydrates
- 1 g fibre
- 25 g sugar
- 294 mg sodium