This recipe is very easy
Pork Chops with Tomato Sauce
Roasted tomatoes ingredients
On the BBQ
- Preheat barbecue to medium and place rack in middle position. Preheat oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and brown garlic for about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and tomato clam cocktail. Continue cooking for approximately 3 minutes. Add mustard and orange zest. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and keep warm.
- Prepare the roasted tomatoes. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Place tomatoes on a baking sheet and roast for approximately 10 minutes. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, on your work surface, season chops on each side with salt and pepper and coat with oil. On the barbecue, sear chops on one side for 2 minutes, rotate slightly to create diamond grill marks, then cook for 2 minutes more. Flip pork chops and repeat to grill the same pattern on the other side. Reduce heat to low and cook until the thermometer inserted in the centre of the chops reads 61 °C (142 °F) for pink doneness. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Let stand for 3 minutes before serving.
- Serve chops coated in tomato sauce. Top with roasted tomatoes.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 394 calories
- 24 g proteins
- 28 g fat
- 12 g carbohydrates
- 3 g fibre
- 7 g sugar
- 347 mg sodium