This recipe is very easy
Asian-Style Pork Loin Lettuce Wraps
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in middle position. Preheat oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- In a small bowl, combine spices and salt. Sprinkle spice mix over the entire roast.
- In a large, oven-safe skillet set over medium-high heat, heat oil and lightly brown pork on all sides.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the centre of the roast reads 60 °C (140 °F).
- Remove meat from skillet and set aside on a plate. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring gin and sugar to a boil and reduce by one third. Remove from heat. Stir in garlic, fish sauce, lime juice and water.
- Place roast in large airtight bag and pour in sauce. Seal bag, removing as much air as possible. Refrigerate for 4–12 hours, turning the bag over a few times. Remove roast from marinade and cut into thin slices. Transfer marinade to a bowl and add half of the fresh cilantro.
- Place lettuce leaves on a large serving plate and add vermicelli, cashews and a slice of meat. Drizzle with sauce and garnish with remaining cilantro, green onion and chili pepper, if desired.
- Leftover roast can be used to make delicious sandwiches, like banh mi.
Nutritional value (per wrap)
- 128 calories
- 13 g proteins
- 5 g fat
- 6 g carbohydrates
- 1 g fibre
- 1 g sugar
- 274 mg sodium