This recipe is very easy
Pork Bolognese-Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in middle position. Preheat oven to 190 °C (375 °F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise. Remove seeds with a spoon. Drizzle 15 mL (1 tbsp.) oil inside the squash and season with salt and pepper. Arrange squash on the baking sheet cut side down. Bake until squash is tender, about 40 minutes.
- Using a fork, gently shred flesh into strands, leaving them in the shells. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. In a large saucepan set over medium-high heat, heat remaining oil and cook onion, carrot, celery, garlic, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes until vegetables are soft. Add meat and sauté for about 3 minutes, breaking meat apart with a wooden spoon. Generously season with salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce and bell pepper and bring to a boil. Simmer half-covered for about 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Season to taste.
- Divide the sauce between the squash shells. Top with cheese. Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the squash is hot. Broil until golden brown, if desired. Garnish with parsley.
Nutritional value (per portion)
- 426 calories
- 23 g proteins
- 23 g fat
- 37 g carbohydrates
- 6 g fibre
- 16 g sugar
- 729 mg sodium