This recipe is easy
Rack of Pork with Orange and Cranberry Sauce
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in middle position. Preheat oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- In a bowl, mix to combine butter, herbes de Provence, coriander seeds, salt and pepper. Coat rack with mixture. Place rack in a roasting pan and pour in vegetable broth.
- Bake for 50 minutes, according to desired doneness.
- For medium rare, remove from oven when the thermometer inserted in the meat reads 61 °C (142 °F). Keep thermometer inserted in meat and cover with foil. Let stand until the thermometer reads 63 °C (145 °F), about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a pot set over medium heat, bring orange juice to a boil, then add cranberries, Dijon mustard, zest and rosemary, and reduce by a third for a few minutes as the cranberry flesh thickens the sauce.
- Stir in reserved cooking juices. Season with salt and pepper.
- When ready to serve, cut rack into ribs and serve with sauce.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 310 calories
- 36 g proteins
- 14 g fat
- 6 g carbohydrates
- 1 g fibre
- 3 g sugar
- 423 mg sodium