This recipe is intermediate
Maple & Chipotle Pork Chops
Grilled corn and cucumber salad ingredients
On the stove
- In a bowl, combine maple syrup, soy sauce, chipotle, and garlic. Set aside.
- Place the pork chops on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper, then coat with 60 mL (¼ cup) of the sauce. Bring the rest of the sauce to a boil and let thicken for about 2 minutes. Set aside this sauce for serving.
- In a warmed skillet over medium heat, brown the pork chops for 3 minutes on each side or until a thermometer inserted into the middle of a chop reads 61 °C (142 °F). The chops are now cooked to pink (medium rare). Rest the chops for 2 minutes on a warm plate.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salad. Toss the ingredients together in a bowl. Add salt and pepper
- Serve the chops with sauce and salad.
- Fill a large pot or sous vide container with water. Attach the immersion circulator to the rim of the container according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Set cooking temperature to 60 °C (140 °F). Allow water to reach the right temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine maple syrup, soy sauce, chipotle and garlic. Set aside.
- Arrange chops on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper and coat with 60 mL (¼ cup) of the sauce. Bring remaining sauce to a boil and reduce for about 2 minutes. Reserve sauce for serving.
- Fold over the rim of two large sous vide bags or resealable freezer bags to keep the outside clean. Place 2 chops side by side in each bag.
- Turn up the rims of the bags and seal with a vacuum or remove air from resealable bags by plunging them into water (without fully submerging) to expel air, then close.
- Using clamps, secure bags to sides of the container to fully immerse meat in water. Set cooking time to 60 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the salad. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat barbecue to medium heat or use a grill pan. Oil the grill.
- Remove bags from water and take out meat. Discard cooking juices. Pat chops dry and brush with sauce.
- Grill pork chops for about 1 minute on each side. Drizzle with remaining sauce. Serve with grilled corn and cucumber salad.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 429 calories
- 33 g of protein
- 8 g of fat
- 58 g of carbohydrates
- 2 g of fibre
- 42 g of sugar
- 258 mg of sodium