This recipe is very easy
Honey Mustard Ribs
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in middle position. Preheat oven to 170 °C (340 °F).
- In a bowl, combine dry rub ingredients for the ribs.
- Place ribs on 2 large sheets of aluminum foil. Drizzle ribs with oil and rub each side with spice mixture. Close foil to seal and place on a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce. In a small saucepan, bring all ingredients to a boil and simmer for about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside 1 ½ cups of sauce to brush on ribs. Save remaining sauce for serving.
- Brush ribs on both sides with honey mustard sauce.
- Preheat barbecue to medium or turn on oven broiler.
- Grill ribs on the barbecue for 5 to 6 minutes per side, or broil on a baking sheet in the oven, brushing regularly with sauce. Be careful not to overcook. The ribs caramelize very quickly in the sweet sauce.
- Serve with rice and a green salad, with remaining sauce on the side.
- Fill a large pot or sous vide container with water. Attach the immersion circulator to the rim of the container according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Set cooking temperature to 74 °C (165 °F). Allow water to reach the right temperature.
- Meanwhile, combine the dry rub ingredients in a bowl.
- Cut racks into sections of about 5 ribs each and place on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Coat ribs entirely with the dry rub.
- Fold over the rim of a medium sous vide bag or zipper freezer bags to keep the outside of the bag clean. Place one section in each bag.
- Turn up the rims of the bags and seal them with a vacuum sealer or immerse zippered bags in water (without submerging) to expel the air, then seal them shut.
- Using clamps, secure bags to sides of the container to fully immerse meat in water. Set cooking time to 12 hours.
- Remove bags from water. Remove ribs from bags and place them on a baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce. In a small saucepan, bring all ingredients to a boil and simmer for about 2 minutes. Reserve ½ cup of sauce to baste ribs. Save remaining sauce for serving. Continue with step 6 above.
Nutrional value (per serving)
- 1010 calories
- 53 g of protein
- 51 g of fat
- 85 g of carbohydrates
- 1 g of fibre
- 78 g of sugar
- 744 mg of sodium