This recipe is very easy
Maple Breakfast Sausage Patties
On the stove
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients, except oil.
- Using your hands, shape mixture into 4 or 8 patties. If making breakfast sandwiches, shape the mixture into 4 patties
- In a large non-stick skillet set over medium-low heat, heat half the oil and brown the patties for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve as a breakfast sandwich in English muffins with eggs and sliced cheese OR with sunny-side-up eggs OR pancakes and maple syrup.
- Raw or cooked patties can be frozen and cooked (or reheated) from frozen. When freezing raw, be sure to place parchment paper between each patty to make them easier to separate before cooking. When cooking from frozen, allow a few more minutes of cooking over low heat. Patties can also be prepared the day before and cooked for breakfast the next day.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 206 calories
- 13 g proteins
- 13 g fat
- 10 g carbohydrates
- 0 g fibre
- 5 g sugar
- 345 mg sodium