This recipe is easy
Pork Flank Steak Fettucine with Grilled Vegetables
In The Oven
- Preheat the oven to 170 °C (325 °F).
- In a large bowl, mix vegetables with garlic, basil, 15 mL (1 tbsp) oil, lemon juice and zest. Spread on baking sheet and roast for 15 to 20 minutes.
- In an oven-safe skillet, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Sear flank steaks on each side for 2 minutes. Move skillet to the oven and bake for 12 to 14 minutes until medium rare.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and set aside 250 mL (1 cup) of cooking water. Return pasta to the pot and mix in remaining olive oil.
- Cut vegetables into thin strips and mix into pasta. Add some of the vegetable cooking juices and pasta cooking water if necessary. Stir in Parmesan to create a sauce with the cooking juices.
- Season to taste. Serve topped with hot, thinly sliced flank steak and sun-dried tomatoes.
On the stove
- In a skillet, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat. Cook flank steak for 10 minutes on one side. Flip and continue cooking for another 8 minutes until medium rare. Vegetables can be sliced into thin strips and sautéed.
On the BBQ
- Preheat barbecue to medium. Cook flank steak for 7 to 8 minutes on each side until medium rare. Flip pork once halfway through cooking. Grill vegetables while the flank steak is cooking.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 626 calories
- 41 g proteins
- 21 g fat
- 68 g carbohydrates
- 6 g fibre
- 7 g sugar
- 767 mg sodium