This recipe is easy
Pork Shoulder Roast with Capers & Lemon
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 160 °C (325 °F).
- In a heated skillet, sear shoulder roast for 2 minutes on each side in the fat of your choice.
- Arrange roast in an oven-safe dish.
- In the same skillet, brown lemons on the flesh side. Arrange lemons around meat.
- Add onion, garlic, broth, white wine, thyme, rosemary, capers, maple syrup, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 4 hours.
- Recover cooking juices and pour into a saucepan.
- In a bowl, dissolve cornstarch in some water.
- Add dissolved cornstarch and cream to cooking juice, bring to a boil and let boil for 1 minute. Check seasoning.
- Pour gravy over meat and serve with pasta or rice.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 457 calories
- 34 g proteins
- 22 g fat
- 26 g carbohydrates
- 3 g fibre
- 16 g sugar
- 769 mg sodium