This recipe is very easy
Pork and Apple Skewers
On the BBQ
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients except apples and onions.
- Thoroughly coat pork cubes. Cover and refrigerate for 1–8 hours.
- Preheat barbecue to high. Oil the grill.
- Thread pork cubes onto wooden skewers (after soaking skewers in water for about 20 minutes) alternating meat with apple wedges and onion pieces.
- Turn down barbecue to medium heat and grill skewers for 10–12 minutes, turning them to ensure the meat is cooked on all sides. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with couscous or rice, green salad and lemon wedges. Garnish with fresh herbs, if desired, to taste.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 418 calories
- 29 g proteins
- 25 g fat
- 19 g carbohydrates
- 2 g fibre
- 22 g sugar
- 266 mg sodium