This recipe is very easy
Pork Burgers with OKA cheese
Caramelized onions and mushrooms
On the BBQ
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high. Oil the grill.
- For the caramelized onions, heat oil and butter in a cast iron skillet set over medium-high heat. Add onion and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion starts to caramelize, about 10 minutes. Add mushrooms and continue cooking for 5 minutes. Add more oil as needed. Add vinegar and chives. Cook for 1 minute more. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix pork with breadcrumbs, 30 mL (2 tbsp.) mustard, chives, vinegar and egg. Season with salt and pepper. Using your hands, shape meat into 4 patties about 1 cm (½ in.) thick.
- Grill patties on barbecue for 6–8 minutes, turning halfway through cooking. During the last minute of cooking, place one slice of cheese on each patty. Grill inside of buns for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise with remaining mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread inside of buns with mayonnaise mixture. Place a patty on the bottom half of each bun. Top with caramelized onion and mushroom mixture, and lettuce leaves. Serve with sweet potato chips, if desired.
Nutritional value per serving
- 681 calories
- 36 g of protein
- 42 g of fat
- 40 g of carbohydrates
- 3 g of fibre
- 8 g of sugar
- 955 mg of sodium