This recipe is very easy
Marinated pork ingredients
Tzatziki sauce ingredients
Homemade fries ingredients
On the stove
- Prepare marinated pork. Mix marinade ingredients in a bowl or resealable bag. Add pork strips and coat well with marinade. Cover bowl or seal bag and marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator or overnight.
- Meanwhile, prepare the tzatziki sauce. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large non-stick skillet set over high heat, brown meat in two batches for about 3 minutes or until cooked. Transfer to a plate.
- Place pita breads on a work surface. Garnish with lettuce, tzatziki sauce and meat. Add tomatoes, cucumber, onion and herbs. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Fold pitas, wrapping the base with foil to hold together. Serve with homemade fries; you can even add a few to the gyros.
- Cut 2 sweet potatoes into large fries or wedges, place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and coat with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake in a preheated oven at 220 °C (425 °F) for about 25 minutes, turning halfway through.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 489 calories
- 28 g of protein
- 20 g of fat
- 50 g of carbohydrates
- 5 g of fibre
- 7 g of sugar
- 657 mg of sodium