This recipe is very easy
BBQ Tenderloin Skewers with Cajun Rice and Grilled Corn
On the BBQ
- Pour the marinade and beer into a bowl with an airtight lid and mix well. Add the meat. Marinate for 3–6 hours in the refrigerator. Drain the meat. Save marinade to baste meat, if needed.
- Boil corn for 5 minutes in a pot of boiling salted water. Submerge corn in a bowl of cold water. Drain and refrigerate.
- Thread the 4 wooden or metal skewers by alternating between pork cubes, bell pepper cubes and green onion pieces. Set aside remaining vegetables for the rice.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high and oil the grill.
- For the rice, in a skillet set over medium heat, soften onion and peppers in butter for 2 minutes. Add rice and spices and continue cooking for 1 minute, stirring to coat the rice. Add water and season with salt and a generous amount of pepper. Bring to a boil and stir. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for about 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Let stand while cooking skewers.
- On one side of the BBQ grill, cook corn for 5 minutes, turning until tender and well grilled. On the other side, grill skewers on all sides for about 10 minutes or until the meat is medium rare. Keep skewers warm.
- Using a knife, shave kernels in strips off the cob. Thinly chop the green parts of the remaining 2–3 green onions and add to rice, along with the corn. Mix with a fork. Serve with skewers.
Nutritional value (per portion)
- 620 calories
- 42 g proteins
- 11 g fat
- 86 g carbohydrates
- 5 g fibre
- 27 g sugar
- 814 mg sodium