This recipe is very easy
BBQ Québec Ribs
On the BBQ
- Remove the membrane from ribs or ask your butcher to do it for you.
- Rub ribs on both sides with Western rub and Explorer seasoning, making sure to cover the entire surface.
- Preheat barbecue to 107 oC (225 oF).
- Place ribs on barbecue away from direct heat. Be sure to never place them over direct heat as ribs should cook at a low temperature.
- Cook for 3 to 5 hours depending on the size of the rack. For back ribs, cooking time should be between 3 and 4 hours. For side ribs, cooking time should be around 5 hours.
- About 10 minutes before cooking is complete, brush ribs with Champion sauce.
- For firmer meat, cook until a thermometer inserted in the centre of the meat reads 85 °C (185 °F). For more tender meat, cook until a thermometer inserted in the centre of the piece reads 93 °C (200 °F).
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 735 calories
- 52 g proteins
- 50 g fat
- 19 g carbohydrates
- 0 g fibre
- 9 g sugar
- 1592 mg sodium