This recipe is very easy
Asian-Style Braised Pork Tenderloin
In The Oven
- Preheat oven to 150° C (300° F).
- In a large ovenproof casserole, on medium heat, add 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil and brown fillets on both sides (10 to 12 minutes in all). Salt and pepper. Remove and set aside.
- Deglaze with white wine, carefully scraping the casserole bottom to release trapped flavours.
- Add chopped onion and garlic. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- In a large bowl, mix other ingredients, except cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return pork tenderloins to casserole and pour seasoning sauce over. Mix thoroughly.
- Cover, bring to a boil, then remove from heat and place in the oven.
- Let cook 3 hours, basting the meat from time to time.
- Using a fork, pull cooked pork into shreds, and serve with basmati rice. Drizzle with sauce from the casserole, and garnish with fresh coriander.
- You can also do this recipe in a slow cooker. Allow 7 to 8 hours on low temperature.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 377 calories
- 33 g proeins
- 9 g fat
- 33 g carbohydrates
- 1 g fibre
- 24 g sugar
- 958 mg sodium