This recipe is very easy
Pork Cutlets with Capers & Grapefruit
On the stove
- Place the oven rack in the middle position. Preheat the oven to 100 °C (210 °F).
- In a large plate, season the cutlets with salt and pepper, then coat with flour.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, melt half the butter in 15 mL (1 tbsp.) of oil. Brown the cutlets for 1–2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate and cover with aluminum foil. Set aside in the hot oven. Repeat the process with the remaining cutlets and butter and 15 mL (1 tbsp.) of oil.
- In the same pan, sauté the shallot over medium-low heat. Add butter as needed. Add the capers and sauté for 2–3 minutes. Increase the heat and deglaze with the vinegar. Add the maple syrup and grapefruit juice. Allow to reduce by one third. Add the remaining oil and whisk until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the lettuce onto the plates and serve the cutlets. Drizzle with sauce and garnish with the grapefruit segments.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 464 calories
- 37 g proteins
- 25 g fat
- 23 g carbohydrates
- 2 g fibre
- 7 g sugar
- 360 mg sodium