This recipe is intermediate
Avocado mixture ingredients
On the BBQ
- Mix mashed avocado, lime juice, sun-dried tomatoes and pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine ground pork, onion, egg, mustard, salt and pepper. Shape meat mixture into 12 meatballs.
- Preheat BBQ to medium or place oven rack in middle position and preheat to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Place meatballs on BBQ grill, on oven rack, or in a grill pan and cook for 6–8 minutes. Use tongs to turn, ensuring all sides are cooked evenly.
- Meanwhile, toast pitas or warm up tortillas.
- Top flatbread with cheese, lettuce, meatballs and avocado mixture. Roll up and wrap bottom half with wax paper for holding.
- Serve with corn chips and melon wedges.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 548 calories
- 32 g proteins
- 25 g fat
- 50 g carbohydrates
- 6 g fibre
- 3 g sugar
- 750 mg sodium