This recipe is easy
Pork Loin with Fruit Stuffing
In The Oven
- In a bowl, cover apple cubes with boiling water and let stand for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, insert the narrow blade of a long knife into the centre of the roast and cut along its entire length. Insert a wooden spoon to widen the opening, taking care to limit damage to meat fibres.
- Stuff the roast, alternating apricots, prunes, and apples along its entire length. Season with pepper and place in an airtight bag. Pour in fruit juices, doubling the bag if necessary. Refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours. Turn the bag occasionally while marinating. Drain roast and set marinade aside.
- Place oven rack in middle position. Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- In a large, warmed skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil and brown roast on all sides. Season with salt and pepper. Place in a roasting pan and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the meat reads 60°C (140°F) for pink doneness. Set roast aside on a plate and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, degrease roasting pan and deglaze with reserved marinade. Reduce by half over medium heat. Stir in demi-glace sauce and vinegar. Heat and adjust seasoning. Carve roast and serve.
- Serve with steamed green beans and red pepper strips, along with a mix of white rice and wild rice.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 337 calories
- 33 g proteins
- 13 g fat
- 22 g carbohydrates
- 2 g fibre
- 17 g sugar
- 161 mg sodium