This recipe is easy
Cajun spice blend ingredients
Caribbean spice blend ingredients
On the stove
- Place pork ribs in a large pot and add enough cold water to cover.
- Bring to a boil. Simmer gently 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- Combine remaining ingredients, except cilantro, in a bowl along with your choice of the Cajun or Caribbean spice blend. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside in the refrigerator as needed.
- Drain ribs and place side by side in a baking dish. Brush with half the spicy sauce.
- Bake for 20 minutes, brushing regularly with the sauce.
- Turn heat to broil and cook ribs for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, brushing with sauce each time.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 1015 calories
- 68 g proteins
- 63 g fat
- 28 g carbohydrates
- 4 g fibre
- 22 g sugar
- 1422 mg sodium